Thursday, December 17, 2009

Blessed by Carolers at my door!

This week has been long and hard and included a funeral for a dear old aunt. In the midst of preparing for a short road trip, addressing christmas cards and preparing gift baskets our doorbell rang and when we answered we were met with a wonderful surprise and blessing as our neighbors and a group of their friends sang Christmas carols to us, telling us of the love of God! It brought tears to my eyes. That is the first time in my life that Carolers have come to my door! My children have gone out caroling as a part of their youth group and I've always wanted to go myself, just didn't have anyone willing to go with me. Maybe next year we can arrange for our bible study group to go caroling and then come in for hot cider or cocoa. Fun thing to do that could really touch hearts ~ it touched mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment