Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting with it!

I am sure I'm not the only one who has projects that have been started and for some reason or another have not finished them.  It bugs me.  I complain that I just don't have time then just looking at the unfinished project makes me feel guilty.   I've found that if I just take the time to work on the project even for just 20 - 30 minutes, I can get it done.  And I feel good about it.  Even if I don't finish in that time at least I've made progress.  I can find the time, I might do it in front of the TV, or using a little self-discipline, don't allow myself computer time until I've worked on it.  So with that, today I am starting a weekly post about something that I've put off and have now put on again.   Join me if you like and tell me about it.  I can share your link with others so they can see you getting with it too.  Please leave a link to this blog on your post.

Here is my first "getting with it" project.   I had started recovering my dining room chairs last June and got side tracked, some good reasons, some not.  Doesn't matter. They were wearing thin, I few years ago I fell in love with some tablecloths I found at Walmart and recovered my chairs with them!   I really liked how it looked with the wood.   But, tablecloths are not meant to stand up to the wear and tear that my dining room chairs receive.  So I had 5 of eight chairs recovered with new material 

and  I got busy and finished those 3 chairs in less than 1 hour.   Now I am  not a professional but I think they turned out beautiful.  Just don't look underneath!    This upholstery fabric I picked up at a yard sale for I think $10.00.   What a deal! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment